We are in this together.
Strange how a teapot can
represent at the same time
the comforts of solitude and
the pleasures of company.
– Author Unknown
We value a collaborative, transparent, democratic process.
- As a citizen, you have personal power AND you have responsibility to the group.
- It’s difficult to have a Thought Partner, if you don’t have a partner.
- We believe in the capacity for humans to create a better world through collective activity, while the individual flourishes.
We iterate, building on what came before, responding to data.
- Small steps, with focus toward feedback and steering.
- Measure, Guess, Build, Learn, Respond.
- For features, code, knowledge, and process.
- Measurement is a strong motivator.
- Ensure enough repetition; to improve and correct, as well as to learn and internalize.
- Remember Austin’s Butterfly.
We are human, capable of amazing things, yet imperfect.
- Our processes enhance our strengths and shore up our weaknesses.
- Cooperation: It’s why we’ve survived.
- Keep it simple.
Growth requires struggle.
- We help each other fight for what we want.
Use absolutes and extremes sparingly.
- e.g. Maximizing profits (alone) requires tradeoffs you may not be interested in making.